Tuesday, May 7, 2013

gluten free goodies

As my friends and family know I've had tummy aches for basically as long as I can remember. After visiting doctor after doctor in high school and trying many different things that failed I finally gave up and realized I just was going to have to suck it up and get over the fact I was going to have tummy aches for ever! many years later I've discovered the problem, finally! Celiac disease! Though it really limits what I can eat I'm very grateful to be able to control it, and I'm sure everyone else is happy to not hear about it anymore (sorry about that). So because I LOVE my sweets I've also discovered a few yummy gluten free recipes to share with my gluten free buddies. Here they are :

Monster Cookies::

1/2 cup butter (softened) 
or use apple sauce for a healthier version
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1.5 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2.5 cups old fashioned oats ground to flour
2.5 cups old fashioned oats 
2 cups dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter & sugar together.
Beat eggs, peanut butter & vanilla.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
scoop onto cookie sheet (I always use the non-stick cookie sheets for Williams Sonoma) 
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!




Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Roll::

Prep:
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Generously spray it with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, microwave for 2 min:
1 package mini marshmallows – 10.5 oz or 297 grams (appx 6 and 2/3 cups)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
Stir ingredients and add:
5 1/2 cups Gluten Free Rice Krispies (make sure they are GF, not all are)
Mix well and spread mixture on the greased waxed paper. Coat hands with non-stick spray and flatten out Rice Krispie mix until it is even and compressed. Set aside.
Melt together in microwave, in 20 second intervals: 
1 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
Be careful not to overmelt the chips or they will burn.
Spread the melted peanut butter and chocolate onto the rice crispie mixture. Roll the Rice Krispie mixture horizontally into one log–lift the wax paper at one end to help. Refrigerate for appx 30 minutes. Slice and serve.
* Note: I used the remainder of the bag of chips to drizzle over the rolls to make them a little prettier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment